Thursday, August 5, 2010

winter wonderland

We got back from Tahoe 6 months ago...so now I can scrap it! As you can tell, I'm not the best with scrapping things right away. And if I do, then it means something gets put off for a few months. Sometimes I get my pictures uploaded to the computer & I'm immediately inspired. And sometimes, after five days in Tahoe, I have so many pictures that even if I am inspired, I'm overwhelmed by having to select 10 photos out of 500+. So I wait a few months until I'm not so emotionally attached to the 27 pictures of Abbie eating snow, and then I can objectively decided that one is cute, the rest can go.

And then I can make this:

Originally I was planning on using my stash from my December kit. But that was a bit too Christmasy for the colors in these photos (though I was able to use the glitter snowflake die-cut paper again! Fun!). Then I found some Christmas My Mind's Eye paper sitting around (literally scraps! yay!) from this layout. Perfect!


I cut the snowflake out from a die-cut sheet by KI Memories.


The die-cut title words are from My Mind's Eye also. It's such a great feeling to get my stash pared down!


To get this look, I cut both the striped & spotted paper into 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch rectangles. I glued the striped to the back of the white paper (before I had adhered anything else. Then I folded the corner over a ruler to get an even fold. I did it using the corners of the striped paper for a rough guide. Then I attached the spotted paper to the back of the white paper, exactly on top of the striped and attached the folded corner with a pretty brad. I hope that make a little bit of sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment