Friday, May 27, 2011

february 2011

 

Here is the February sketch from Scrapbook & Cards Today:

February 2011

And here is my interpretation:

13-february

I stuck pretty close to the original sketch, really only changing up the embellishments. I had fun mixing & matching patterned papers from the February GTKC.

13-february-1

I just found out this fun strip of paper is called a “bar code strip.” I call it, “that edge you usually cut off & throw away, but fancy”. Sassafras always has some funky ones, and I knew I wanted to use this strip at some point. When I realized the sketch had a strip of ribbon/paper, I knew this banner edge would be perfect!

13-february-3

On the lower left hand side, I clustered a few embellishments in the corner. I love the 1940’s feel to the patterned Cosmo Cricket paper & didn’t want to cover it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment