Friday, May 20, 2011

the great egg hunt

 

I think this is a first for me: scrapping an event within a month of it occurring!

27-egg-hunt

I decided to submit a few layouts to the Sketch Support Creative Team call, and the above layout was based off of the two-page sketch. I thought I should scrap something current and I already had an idea in mind for my Easter page.

27-egg-hunt-2

I used a ton of fun goodies from my April GTKC. Most of it was Jillibean Soup…I love how fun & springy the blossom soup collection is! I added the date to the cute little date sticker, and didn’t like how it looked. Thank goodness for the word stickers! I just covered up the original date with “remember” and re-wrote it.

27-egg-hunt-3

I changed up this area here from the original sketch. I didn’t include the stitching because it was just too much, plus I couldn’t fit the circles & butterflies the way I wanted to. I also didn’t use stars, like the sketch shows. I see the “embellishments” of the sketches as an idea if you’re stumped, but mostly there to guide placement.

1 comment: