Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the perfect color

I got a bunch of fun pictures of my kids dyeing Easter eggs this year. They all got really into it. I told them to get good color that they needed to leave the eggs in the dye for a longer amount of time, so they kept checking on them until the color was just right :)

After we dyed them, we let them dry, and then we used a spin-art contraption to get them to look tie-dyed. I didn’t get any pictures of that because it was a bit messier & I didn’t want any more dye on me (or my camera!) than possible.


To scrap my photos I used this one-page sketch from Sketch Support. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use it right away, and I only had to wait to get a few fun photos to use for it.


The original sketch has a cloud & sun in this upper area where I have butterflies, etc. I had a couple of cloud die-cuts from my April GT kit, so I was hoping I could make something work…I think I did!

You can see I popped up my word stickers too. They wouldn’t stick well to the butterfly or the background, so this was my easy alternative, plus it gives a little more dimension to the cluster.


I used my scallop edge-punch for the border on the photos here. I’ve found that if you trim your paper to 3/4” then you can punch it & it becomes 1/2”.  The word stickers are from Jillibean Soup’s Blossom Soup line (along with the star background paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment