Sunday, May 8, 2011

four cards & a gift


I don’t know about you, but when I sit down to make a card, I try to streamline the process & make a few of the same card, assembly-line style. It doesn’t take much longer than making one card, and I get a few extras. Except at Mothers’ Day, when I have four women that I make cards for (my mom, my mother-in-law, hubby’s step-mom, and her mom).
This year I was inspired by Suzy Plantamura’s mothers’ day card seen here on the American Crafts blog. I loved the patterned paper base & simple design. So I grabbed some of my Cosmo Cricket DeLovely line that I had from a layout last spring. The papers are so bright & fun & were perfect for what I wanted to make (and by making these cards I was using up the paper! yay!).
mothers-day-2

mothers-day-3

mothers-day-4
I was only able to cut three 4 x 8 1/2 inch cards out of the 12x12 sheet of paper, so my 4th card has a different background paper.
mothers-day-1

(I was going to share the gift I made too, but I didn't get my photos uploaded yet. Whoops! But I can share anyways...I made this awesome Grandma subway art that I found on the eighteen25 blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment