Thursday, November 4, 2010

barbeque

Brenda invited everyone to her house in Oakdale over Labor Day weekend to celebrate Michael’s birthday. It was great to see everyone on such a fun day. Brandon & Olivia spent the entire day in the pool & had to be forced to get out of the pool to eat! They finally got out when it was time to go home because they were too cold. Abbie, on the other hand, wasn’t so sure about getting in and was perfectly content to sit on the edge dangling her feet in the water. She finally got in with Brenda…but was fully dressed!

39-barbeque

I used another Alison Davis sketch (vol 6) for this layout. The papers are all American Crafts Heat Wave. I bought a bunch from that line over the summer & I’ve used it on quite a few layouts! Love the versatility!

39-barbeque-1

The “flower” is some kind of starfishy-like thing. They’re glittery & part of the Heat Wave line. I used a brad from my stash (Lime Rickey from Basic Grey).

39-barbeque-2

The scalloped border is actually circles I punched cut in half. The sketch calls for a 1.5” circle punch so there’s an even number of scallops. I have 10 circle punches, but none are 1.5”. Oh well, what can you do? I ended up using a 1.75” punch which still gave me an even number of scallops (except on the left hand page where I’ve got a half showing). I was so happy!

39-barbeque-3

The letter stickers were bought at the same time as the paper. They’re a yellow vinyl Thicker & I’ve used them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment