Monday, November 22, 2010

kindergarten celebration

Last week Brandon’s kindergarten class had their Thanksgiving feast. It was so much fun to see all the kids dressed up as Pilgrims and Indians (when I told him Native Americans I was corrected).

49-kindergarten-celebration

This is the layout I created for that day. I used a sketch from Allison Davis’ blog (SG Publishing/Allison Davis Creative Team call). You can see the sketch here.

I still had a bunch of paper & journaling sprouts from Jillibean Soup’s Pasta Fagioli line sitting around, and they are the perfect colors for fall. I love how the accents pick up the colors of the tree and the vests & headbands on the kids.

49-kinder-1

I cut the camera out of a sheet of patterned paper, and used a few journaling sprouts here in place of the hearts in the sketch.

49-kinder-2

The photo op tag is another sprout; I love using sprouts as little tags peeking out from behind the photo. The border was all handstitched with three strands of DMC embroidery floss.

49-kinder-3

No comments:

Post a Comment