Friday, November 20, 2009

Altered Letters

I got into scrapbooking because I loved to tell stories about my photos and design layouts. Heck, I was the editor in chief of my high school newspaper. The artistic side is fun too, but that's definitely not how I got into the whole thing.

But lately I've been really feeling this creative itch. Maybe because now, thanks to the internet & countless blogs, I've been getting inspired by everyone else's creative endeavors.

So I got this idea when I was putting out my fall decorations, that are pretty lacking & really don't do much past Halloween (so yes, my "Halloween" decorations were up until this afternoon!). I thought, why not use up my old scrapbook paper by getting some letters at Michaels or Joanns & altering them. So not me!

I decided that I wanted to spell out NOEL & JOY. Michaels didn't have any Os when I went two weeks ago, so I got my letters at Joanns for $2.99 a piece (and yes, of course I used whatever coupons I could!). Unfortunately Joanns didn't have an N that wasn't half smooshed in. So I thought I'd use an N from Michaels...they are not the same. So I found one at another Joanns.

Two days ago I painted them red. Basic red acrylic that I had sitting around & had barely enough of!



Today I traced & cut my paper & Mod Podged it on. Well, actually, Olivia did the gluing on for me. I *love* how crafty she is! We already have so much fun...she wanted to cut the letters out for me since she knows how to do that at school now, she just needs scissors that aren't sharp. Maybe next time!




 And the best part, I used up some old Basic Grey Blitzen paper I bought probably 4 years ago! Well, I didn't use it up, but I put a pretty decent dent in it. I could totally see myself making more of these for other seasons. So easy. And I'm pretty proud of myself right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment