Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes



A while back I mentioned making pancakes in fall shapes with my cookie cutters. A tip I'd read about in on of my magazines, rather than buying pancake molds. A fine idea, except the pancakes kind of stick in the more intricate shapes. I don't know if it's any better/different with the actual molds.

This morning I made them again, this time with hearts, pumpkins, and leaves. I don't recommend the leaves! They came out nicely, but were a pain to clean afterwards. I only made a few today, because it takes longer & I had four hungry beasts waiting on me :)



But regardless of what they looked like, they sure were yummy!

I used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake mix. Yum! I prefer my mom's recipe for pumpkin waffles, but these were just as tasty. The main difference I noticed is that the mix makes very thin waffles. Tasted good, but thin. The pancakes were nice, & honestly I've never made my mom's pumpkin waffles into pancakes, but you could.

Mom's Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups Bisquick (light works fine)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp oil

Mix & pour into your waffle maker. This batter is a bit thicker than regular waffle batter, but cooks up about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment