Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas wish list

A year or two ago I pulled an idea out of Creating Keepsakes magazine for a cute Christmas layout. The woman included a picture of all her kids, and then three individual pics with their Christmas wishes written below. For whatever reason I didn't do it last year, but I plan on doing it this year.

So the other day my older two went to my mom's house when I went to work (my youngest was home sick with my husband). Since she just had the big kids, my mom decided to do something fun: make Christmas lists! Yay!

She printed up some cute paper from the computer..."scratch" paper with a picture of Santa as the header. Then she helped them cut pictures out of all of the Christmas catalogs/ads that she's gotten so far. They glued them to paper, and then she put them in sheet protectors tied with ribbon. It took most of the afternoon (they're 3 1/2 & 4 1/2), but they had a great time & love to show their "Christmas books" to everyone. And even better, I know exactly what they want for Christmas.

Not only can I do that cute layout, but I can keep their first "layouts" too!


No comments:

Post a Comment