Sunday, November 8, 2009

Then & Now

I got my first camera for Christmas in 2nd grade. I was 7 1/2. We got the pictures back & I put them in my first photo album. Sadly, I no longer have any of those prints. (Note to self: don't give the kids old stuff to go thru in their 20s, they won't value it then & just toss it.)

By middle school I had started grouping pictures together, cutting them down a bit, and writing notes on the margins of my magnetic photo albums. I kept this up thru high school & early college.

Once in college, I joined Alpha Phi & was initiated to the practice of making covered photo albums for your Lil Sis. Then you could decorate the pages with stickers & write with paint pens on the magnetic pages! And cut the photos so they were cute! I thought I'd found my calling!

I kept that up all thru college, even making my college boyfriend an album. I loved it! Just after I graduated I found out you could also buy cute stationary at Michaels or Beverlys & add that to your photo album.

And then I discovered "scrapbooking"!

That was sometime in 1999. Wow, just typing that & realizing that was ten years ago is crazy! I don't have any of those original layouts scanned into my computer (darn!). But I've got the last few years. I thought I'd share my Apple Hill layouts from the last few years.


2002 (Can you tell we didn't have any kids yet?)



2006



2007



2008



2009

The background is all the same color; I always have the worst time with my scanner & I'm not sure why it makes the colors all wonky. And I have no idea how to fix it (nor do I feel like taking the time right now!). I'm very happy with how it came out! I used a bunch of fun stuff from Green Tangerine's September Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment